Thursday, March 25, 2010

Additions

I've heard it said that single missionaries can be a huge blessing to families. (I think I may have already said this but it is worth repeating) This has been so true for us. We have two young men who are "off" on different days - one Tuesday, the other Thursday. They usually come and play with the kids and do science experiments with Dara. It's great.
Travis has Tuesdays. He is from Canada and I'll need to get a picture of him. Seb has Thursdays and is from England. Today, he waited patiently while I hosted the mom's group for a hair cut.
Before...

After...

(If you're wondering why I am putting pictures of Seb, and not my kids...the pictures are for his mom. Hi, Seb's mom!!!)

Two other additions to our family came today. Joel found them at a local discipleship center. They were stray puppies (there's one more that couldn't be found) and now they have a home!

This is Amaani - which means "power, force, strength" in Runyankore. Hopefully she'll live up to her name since she will need to be a guard dog.

This is Rhea - which means "companion" in some language (at least that's what I thought it meant - I just looked it up and it really means "flowing" - but since she's our dog and we like the name, we will stick with it because to us she will be a companion). They are now asleep with full tummies - something they've probably never had. Mikey is comfortable around them and keeps jumping over the baricade to see them sleeping in the hall bathroom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you guys are okay. We have missed you. Seb's haircut looks great. Glad to see you guys have gotten two dogs they are so cute.
Love and miss you guys, Robin.

PS We got an offer on our house but we didn't accept it. They wanted way less then we are asking.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the pups are adorable! My children will be so jealous. Jill you did a great job with the hair cut. I have ben cutting all my boys' hair for about three years now. It is a great help.

We love you all and are praying for you every day!!!

Heather Corrick