Friday, March 19, 2010

Wasting time

Wasting time is what I'm doing right now. I'm supposed to be finishing two different talks that I'll be giving tomorrow. Joel and I have been asked to speak at some sort of conference. We've been given our topics...Joel gets to speak about business and raising adolescents. Thankfully he has experience in one of the two. For the raising adolescents part, he is going to give his testimony - makes sense.

I have been asked to speak about personal hygiene/cleanliness and reproductive health & menopause. The personal hygiene will be fine, but since my experience in the village is limited, I pray I will address the issues needed. Regarding menopause, I have no personal experience. I just know what I've read. I feel as if my role in the second talk is to begin a conversation. Sex is not something freely spoken about among Christians here. Hopefully, I will break the ice for spouses to be allowed to talk to each other about this part of their marriage.

Please pray it goes well. I will have a translator and that will help me slow down enough to be understood (and stretch the time - each talk is supposed to be 1 hour). I am a bit worried that if he isn't comfortable saying everything that I say, he could just start preaching about whatever he wants. I would never know. Thankfully I know him and his wife is the one who wanted these sensitive subjects discussed. I just don't like being in front of that many people (they are expecting around 100). I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying that God speaks through you both today. Love you Robin