It's been raining for a couple of hours now. It's one of those soaking rains that is great for our garden and everyone's crops. For the first hour or so, Dara, Dade, and William were all playing in the goat shed (we still call it that even though there's no goats anymore). Then I notice Dara with a water spray bottle washing the outside of the shed - which they are trying to make into a clubhouse. I thought, "How cute! It's raining and she's using a water bottle to wash what will soon be very wet."
Anyway...the puppies are still doing well. I will confess that they were moved into our room on the second night. We had them in the hall bathroom again (the first night they didn't make a peep). The next night, however, reminded me of the Disney movie, Lady and the Tramp. Do you remember how Lady wimpered and whined until she was on John Dear's bed? That's about how it was. We put up with the whining until about 12:30 then we moved the two rascals to the floor in our room. It worked out much better, but still in need of improvements. So...last night we made a square blockade in our room. When they whimpered during the night we let them use the restroom on some newspapers in the bathroom (going outside in the middle of the night is just not a safe option here - so they'll need to learn to hold it all night very soon). If they didn't need to go the bathroom but whined anyway, Joel squirted them with a water bottle. It worked great! I don't know if it's an approved method of puppy training, but everything is different in Africa so why not this too? :)
On a different subject, here is a picture of Travis and Dara this past Friday night. We were playing Monopoly Deal (it really is a great game) with a few of the guys. 
Dara wanted to have curly hair in the morning so we braided it before bed. I didn't get a picture of it in the morning, but it worked nicely. She was quite happy.
Finally, here is Dara and her Daddy. I know you know who they are, it just fun to say - like, "Mrs. Skinner". Sometimes I wish I were a teacher so kids would call me Mrs. Skinner (that's really the only time I have a desire to teach kids other than my own). I just love this man so much!!!
3 comments:
Love the pictures can't wait to have you guys home for a little while. Love and miss you all.
Robin, Michael and Ally
I used to do that to my hair all the time! It's so fun!! The puppies are so cute! I think they'll make great guard dogs! :) Love y'all!!
Dear J & J & the little Skinners, Your site is great and very informative. I am praying for you daily!! Love in Christ, ARC
Post a Comment