Sunday, March 7, 2010

Remedies

It has been very interesting to hear the remedies people have come to offer Joel for his broken toe.

Here are just a few...have someone pull on it...use hot water and massage it...massage it (without water)...use hot water and butter (I'm not sure if you rub the butter on the toe or what). I showed the exray to the last person whe came and suggested we massage it. I tried to explain that rubbing a broken bone would cause a lot of pain and not help it heal . I'm not sure if the message was understood. Can you imagine someone coming and pulling on your broken bone!!! Sometimes there are obvious reminders we are in a different culture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please have Dara or someone take pictures of Joel's face if you decide to pull or massage the toe. That would be worth a thousand words.

Praying for you guys,

Shane

Flinzerny said...

Ok Jill, so I know you know this already, but all he needs besides motrin or tylenol is to tape it to the next one. (i speak with experience--broke my L big toe twice in one school year)

Lindsey