On Friday we had a man come and weed-eat (they call it "slash" here) our grass. The last time he came, we paid Dara and the anyone else who helped to rake up all the clippings and put them in the flower beds. This time around, James and Robert wanted the money and got to work. I was gone at the time and Joel just told them to make a big pile until I was home to tell them where I wanted all the grass to go.
This is what the pile looked like when I arrived home. It was a giant nest and the kids pretended to be baby birds and baby dinosaurs. I teased Dade that if there was a bird to whom this nest belonged - he better watch out because that bird could carry him away.

I sat with Dade for awhile and we visited about life. It was fun and reminded me of making forts with hay bales when I was young. Such sweet memories.
After awhile, Joel got involved in making them a "fort". Gone was the simple, and easy to repair, nest. It was replaced by a fort/hut type of structure - equally fun but much more difficult to repair when accidentally bumped.


I told them they could keep my grass clippings until Monday (today) but I have invited two friends over for a play date this afternoon, so maybe they can keep it until Tuesday - we'll see.
James and Robert will be gone for Christmas (William will be here) so we decided to give the boys their Christmas gift early (I think they leave on Tuesday). They had a good time.

The answer to the flower question was "okra" Way to go Daddy and Robin! I think we're going to fry up some for dinner. I can't wait! Thank you for playing my game :)
No comments:
Post a Comment