Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Daily Update - 91209

Dealing with sick cows.....woke up Tuesday morning to two of our project cows with fevers and possibly the onset of East Coast Fever....a very common disease among cattle in Uganda. One of the newer cows had also contracted mastitis and it was causing some pretty big problems. So glad John was back in town and available, because many of you know....I HATE NEEDLES, even when they aren't going into my skin! Hopefully, we are on the mend, but milk distribution had to stop for this week until the penicillin and other anitbiotics are finished. It's amazing how much you realize people rely on milk when they are no longer receiving any. Pray for me and John to have wisdom....some of these dieseases out here are brand new to us and we are fighting a pretty big learning curve on how to diagnose in Africa and what the appropriate treatments are.

Looks like I'll actually have a couple of planning days available this week and they are much needed. And I think on Saturday, John and I will head back out to the village (Murissa) to check on the cows we delivered. Off to bed now.

No comments: