Please forgive the lack of posts this week. We will try to post as we can (especially back posts from Thanksgiving), but right now we are in Kampala. We arrived safely. Actually it was a rather smooth ride. The first hour was iffy and full of potholes, but then it smoothed out and we made much better time than we could have ever hoped for.
We came up so I could go see a dentist, we could get the car checked out and a engine cut off switch installed, do some Christmas shopping, and have a mini vacation.
I went to the dentist early this morning and found out that I have a cavity and a root canal is required. They did the first part this morning and fortunately, since we were staying until Friday, will finish it on Friday morning before we leave. Then when we come back in January for our Regional Conference, we will stop by for a final permanent crown to be put on.
The car goes to the mechanic on Wednesday morning. They will do a good check out on it (something we didn't have time for when we picked it up the first time), install the cut off switch and hopefully have a roof rack installed the same day. Hopefully it will go smoothly - be praying, as things here are not always as simple as we hope they will be.
We are staying very close to one of the new modern shopping centers and over the next few days, we hope to get all Christmas shopping done. Jill will finally be able to get her hair done and I will get some much needed time with the kids - swimming, bowling and anything else we can find to do. I think we are heading to Entebbe to the zoo tomorrow.
Pray that this will be a relaxing time for us. Sometimes, trips to Kampala can be filled with a lot of driving (or rather sitting in traffic) and delays galore - just pray that we can get some quality time together and that we will all head home Friday, relaxed (at least I'll have pain medicine). We will try to update throughout the week, but please forgive us if we don't. Thanks guys - updates will be posted again soon!!!!!
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about your tooth! That has to hurt. I hope that y'all have a great mini vacation :) I'm sure it's much needed. Jill, you should post a pic of your hair!! Love y'all and miss you TONS!
Post a Comment