Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Daily Update - 91111

Today I was expecting to be able to spend most of the morning preparing for our Bible study that Jill and I are leading at the university here in town. However, one of the guys that works out here on the Heifer Project with us came up and asked a couple of questions, which resulted in a fairly lengthy dicussion. So, since sometimes, I can't pull myself out of "task" mode, we proceeded to continue working on fixing up the calf shed (what used to be the goat shed) while we talked. Finally, with about an hour to spare before I had to leave for the Bible study, I took some time to review my notes, get cleaned up, and play with our new kitten (see yesterday's post) and rush to the university in time.

We spent this week discussing the "cost of discipleship." While the discussion was wonderful, it was the last 5 minutes that meant the most. Several of the students shared how they just didn't want to come, but were so glad they did. The interesting part was that I had just shared with Jill earlier in the day, that Wednesdays are just hard.....there are a lot of times, I just don't want to go and can often find excuses - I don't feel good, I'm tired, and a whole list of other ones. But then I shared how even though I may feel like that, once I get there and start digging into God's Word with them, it becomes the highlight of my week. Amazing how God works that way isn't it?

My head is nodding - I'm tired and it took longer to write this than you would expect since I now have a 4-5 week old kitten trying to walk all over the keys. So, until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel: You must be tired - the date is 91111!! G-d does work in strange and mysterious ways; I think that is why faith is so beautiful. We don't have to understand or know WHY, we TRUST. LOL, SusanB

Tiffany said...

I feel that way too sometimes. Even just about going to church. Like I don't want to go and I'm just tired, but every time I go I'm so glad I did.I love you and miss you a lot! tell Jill and the kids I love them!