Monday, November 16, 2009

Daily Update - 91116

Okay - this will be brief. It is late and I am tired. Not much different today. Had an incredibly hectic morning. Milked, distributed milk, got the guys started on some projects. Wolfed down a quick breakfast and then was off again, taking one of our workers to a children's ministry close by so he could do some repairs for them. I was only supposed to be there for 5 minutes to drop off and ended up in an hour long conversation about business and budgets. While I was in the meeting, Tony cut his finger fixing the swings, had to go the hospital for stitches. I glanced at my watch and realized that I was supposed to be home so Jill could go and pick up some bookmarks she was having made for a friend for her birthday. I rushed over and met the guy who was making them and then rushed back to the hospital to check on Tony. In the meantime, Susan, our teammate up the hill had a dead battery and needed a jump because she was in a hurry. I tried to rush back there only to find that she had already gotten the car started. During all of this, we had someone coming to pick up a cow and I was supposed to be there to help load the right one. Somehow I missed that altogether. And all of this was prior to 10:30!!!!!!

From that point on, I was worn out!!!! So, I decided to enjoy the day and slow it down some. I played battleship with Dade while Jill and Dara ran some errands. Once Jill got home, I went to start on the Bible study I was working on for Wednesday and ended up falling asleep and FINALLY getting a nap. Then woke up and went to celebrate a friend's 37th birthday. It was nice just to sit and visit a little. Now, I'm off to bed!

Welcome to life in Africa! Never a dull moment and never what you think it will be when you wake up. But, so nice to know that God is in control and that it is His timing and not ours that is important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that sounds a little like life at Computer Central doesn't it? Your day never went quite like planned, at least not once you had been in the office for longer than five minutes. So God was preparing you even then for a hectic, no regular schedule, type of life half way across the world. Some things are the same regardless of where you live or what you are doing. God does have a great sense of humor I believe. And He knew how you like a sense of order and things being on time. Well, you are the best person to deal with all of the irregularities that seem to make up your normal everyday type of life now. Love you. Mom/Gigi.