Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Daily Post - 91110

So, today I got to visit an orphanage nearby. It is run by Pastor Emmy, a man I met via the internet and through an old college friend in Tyler. I had actually emailed him several times prior to arriving here in Mbarara, met him during our first weekend in town in a fluke run in at a local hotel, but had not been able to coordinate a visit until today. It just so happens that one of our teammates (Zillah) had also touched base with him prior to her arrival in February, so we took another local pastor friend of ours who knew the way and finally got to see his ministy.

Here are a couple of pictures of his orphanage...





My impression from just a couple of hours is that Pastor Emmy is a very genuine man who has a heart to provide love to these children. I look forward to future visits and hope to take the kids some day so they can experience a side of Uganda that they have not been exposed to. Here is a final pic of one of the boys....I honestly didn't mean to take a picture of him, but I'm glad I got it. It is a true depiction of the faces of so many children in this country.



On an up note.....here is a pic of our newest addition....story will be told later....meet Rhea Skinner...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhea is beautiful and looks very sweet. Wish I was there to get to meet her in person to cat. Do you think Cookie would like her? Probably not, cookie would be a little jealous of a cute little kitten in your laps, I think.
Love you all, and it was very nice to meet Rhea via internet.
Gigi

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally were able to meet your friend. What a blessing to see this wonderful ministry. I wish I could give them all a wonderful home. I am praise God that all those children are learning about Him. Love the new kitten also. Love you all, Robin

Tiffany said...

I LOVE THAT KITTEN!! She looks sooo sweet and fun!