Well, it took us about one hour to arrive at the village of Murissa. When we arrived, these two kids announced our arrival by beating on these drums. You can feel the excitement in the air. People started coming from all over.
The cows were unloaded with minimal chaos.
I'm not exactly sure how they decided which woman drew first. Everyone was crowding around so tightly, I chose to move to a different vantage point. It was just beginning to sprinkle a bit and people were so excited.
This was one woman who received a cow. Her name is Juliet.
Even the local school let out and all of the kids joined us.
Once some last minute deworming medicine was given, 
we were off to "tea". We all had to wash our hands before entering.
The ladies were so generous and kind to serve us so sweetly. 
After tea we all joined in the church to continue the celebration.
It didn't take long for the kids to find them. Dara and Dade ended up running into the church to hide there. The kids just followed. I felt like a mother hen trying to shield her chicks from the outside world. Lou (a short termer here with us) helped me lead the kids in some songs they knew and some they didn't. Dara and Dade were in the middle of all them sitting on a bench. Finally, an older student helped the younger ones know not to touch their arms and hair. It wasn't easy on my kids, but they made it through. There may not look like many kids in the pictures but there were well over 100.
After singing and playing a game with them, we had lunch. I wish I could have taken a picture of Dade. He ate three pieces of chicken - one of them was a neck! I couldn't believe Joel handed it to him, but I was so impressed when Dade tore into it like it was KFC. I wish you could have seen him, I was so proud!
As we were loading up to leave, the ladies presented our team with beautiful vegetables and fruit.
5 comments:
Jill, this post will touch Tiffany and she will understand the feelings of Dara and Dade. She had the same experience in Ecuador. Thanks for the pics. We will share them at chapel real soon. It looks like everyone is doing well. Mom
Jill and Joel,
It sounds like ya'll had a Thanksgiving to remember!! I too was sickly and spent most of the day laying down. I had surgery on Monday and still trying to mend. I had the Nissen Fundoplication done to fix a large hiatus hernia. (jill may know what that is) any way on a liquid diet for two weeks while things heal and that is the wost part. However we made to to Thanksgiving at Amanda's and enjoyed being around others. I've never gotten to do the snow ball fight so I took some painty hose with us but Amanda never got around to filling and letting the kids play. I hoped to watch this year and join in on the fun next year. Good to see ya'll played. Always fun to share traditions with others. Due to the surgery I dont have your box in the mail yet but I do have the oil spritzer you were wanting and will hope to get everything together soon. I know it will take a while to get to you. I'm praying for you each day and hope Jill that your feeling better now. Take care and let me know of any special prayer concerns I can be playing for. Love ya'll
Ginger Smith
Go Dara and Dade!!! We are so proud of you both. I would have been running too having so many people trying to touch me. Glad the cows made it to their new homes. Love you all, Robin
Wow those were some amazing pictures!! It's so neat to see what God is doing over there and it looks like y'all had an incredible time! I love you all so much and I'm so glad that you are getting to experience so many wonderful things there. It makes the tough times a little bit easier I'm sure. I miss you!!
great pics. I can see the excitment in everyones faces. it is a blessing to watch your journey and how you impact the lives of others.
I could picture Dara and Dade looking at you for help and trying to figure out what to do in that situation. Run and Hide- that was my first thought.
We miss you soo much. Addie has written her letter- I'm sending it this week. I tried to get her to give lots of details-- however, I don't think she got the meaning. HaHa
Cheri
Post a Comment