Here are the pictures from the market (the internet is acting super fast - I think I might pass out)...

It was very crowded with people and tons of veggies and fruits all neatly piled up.

Most everyone sat under umbrellas which made the whole place quite shaded - nice. Most of them had the same foods - I wonder how they ever make money...everyone is selling the same stuff! How do you know whom to buy from? There was an ample supply of food but not very many buyers. It just left me wondering how they survive.
It definitely was a family affair with lots of little kids around. This little one was smiling and jumping like crazy, but as soon as I asked his mom if I could take his picture he quit smiling. This was the second picture and I got a bit of a smile. Most kids wear this kind of hoodie but it's not attached to a jacket or anything. The kids here just laugh and smile so much. The older ones laugh at us like crazy when we walk by, we just laugh with them :)

On Tuesday we went to a M0$que (I'm spelling it like this so searches of the internet won't find my blog - I'll explain more another day). It was such a "neat" experience. It is located by an intersection so travelers who need to pray can come by conveniently. It was a very narrow building - which surprised me. There was a courtyard with water spickets for washing and then an open porch type of space and then the main room. Very interesting.

Here I am with my head covered. The young lady with me is Jenny, one of the single ladies who has made our life much better here. Please pray for us (especially the kids) as we think about leaving in a week. We will miss her and the others so much when we head for Uganda and they go their own way.

We had to enter the "place" through the back door and take our shoes off.

Then we had to look through these little holes which made it very difficult to really observe what happens - I guess the women who come are praying instead of watching... I held my camera above my head and this is what I saw. I didn't keep the pictures of the men who came in - thought it was a bit intrusive (not like this isn't).

It was an interesting experience as we were able to visit with the leaders and men afterwards. My heart breaks for these people who are so passionately lost. They are so convinced they are in the right but they are so far from the truth. I'm thankful for the chance to learn and see what I may never have the opportunity to see again. Please pray for these people. God loves them just as much as He does you and me.
Finally, here is a picture of Joel's toes. We find them to be impressive. Please keep praying for his ankle. It is still very tender. Thanks for lifting us up!
5 comments:
Thanks for all the pics. Sorry I missed your call today. We were being SAMAtized. Aaron told us about your house and we will be praying for your decisions about this. I miss you. Glad to see that you are doing good.
Love you all,
Mom
Wow! I've never seen anyone's toes look that way before! That is impressive! Thank you for the pictures! I'm so glad y'all are getting to experience so much! I love you!!
Hi Gang-
Thanks for sharing with us. It means so much to see where you are and what your doing. The kiddos miss Dara and Dade. (Todd and I miss seeing and talking to you, too!) Rhett will see Dade's picture and say "Dade, Dade play"
We are praying for yall and the people you will encounter. We love you and keep telling people about Jesus!!
Joel, Stan was wondering if you had room for those toe separators? We love your pics and the stories behind them. We are praying for all of you.
Stan and Terrie
I love seeing the pics, what an amazing opportunity! I am praying for you all. I am also glad that you have made friends there. An answer to prayer.
Post a Comment