My only goal in this post is to upload pictures. I signed in as Joel, but this is really Jill. We are learning so much and the way an African views life is so different. It's a challenge to open my mind and not look at them with a look of, "really?!" I am so grateful that I am enjoying the challenge. Yesterday during chapel a man prayed that we would be allowed to participate in Christ's suffering. When was the last time (if ever)I prayed that? Isn't that what being a Christian is about? Taking up our cross and following Him? I don't think that's something I have embraced even though I have left my home and am here. Maybe that's when revival will come to America and Africa. When the Christian stands up and is willing to suffer for Christ and even prays for the privilege. (rather than pray that everything is fine) Does this make sense? I don't mean to be preachy, just sharing thoughts I have been having.
WEll, it looks like the pictures are not uploading at all - which makes me kind of sad. It's really a neat place with crows that are huge and have white vests, big avocado trees (I don't think I even knew avocados grew on trees) and so many other beautiful sites. I'd like to tell Addie that I've told Dara about your email and she says "hi". She doesn't really like the food at all, but Dade is doing okay. Thakfully there is a little duka (snack shop) that sells popcorn - it helps a lot. The internet is fastest in the morning when she is sleeping. When we get to Uganda, i'll be sure to let her email you so please be patient.
2 comments:
Uncle Jason loves all of you very much and I am SO proud of each of you! Sometimes I struggle with the sacrifice you are making until I remember the ULTIMATE sacrifice He made for us. I eagerly anticipate your posts each day - Thank you Jill from all of us for being so diligent in your updates. And I look forward to the day I can hear your voices again.
I think that's such a awesome perspective! I've never thought about it that way! And this is just the beginning of God opening your hearts to different things!! How GREAT is our God!!
I love you all and I'm so glad that you at least have enough internet to update this. Tell Dara and Dade the I love them sooo much! And that the baby birds are flying on their own now and every time we walk by the swoop down by our heads. Jill, I love you so much! I sprained my foot last week and didn't have my personal nurse to call :( and Joel...I miss my big brother!!
Your obedience is a true testimony to us all, and thank you for sharing all the neat things God is teaching you. That way we can live that example here too!
Post a Comment