Sorry for the lack of updating - there doesn't seem to be a lot to say. We've been busy lately (no excuse) but some of that business has been busy resting. Yesterday morning Joel and I walked a friend's dog and then I went back to bed (the kids were in Austin with Joel's parents). It was wonderful. I felt a bit lazy but was so grateful for the rest.
There's a sense of tranquility I feel just blending in. There's something about living in another culture...it can make you weary because you have to be "on" most, if not all, of the time. Down time comes at the end of the day when it's just us.
There's just something nice about not being watched. Because, honestly, we're not all that interesting. One day a man on a boda (motorcycle) stared at me while I was getting gas. Did he think I was going to turn green? Or maybe morph into something else? I so badly wanted to stick out my tongue or pick my nose or something...instead I just smiled once and looked away, then I stared back and looked away, then finally I was able to drive away. Yeah, it's nice to blend in.
No comments:
Post a Comment