Just figured I'd post something - seems like if we go more than a four or five days, the natives get restless. Life is kind of chaotic and crazy right now. Here's a taste of it...
...Jill is busy trying to pick out curriculum for this coming school year. I never thought I would see her this excited about teaching. She has done such a great job this past year and I am so excited about what she is picking out for the coming year.
...I'm trying to write up some Bible study curriculums for the time we will be gone. We have the business students, but are adding a developmental studies group and a pharmocology group. Plus, I am trying to help a local pastor develop a strategy for discipleship with his students.
...We are trying to work out a schedule for our time home. You think 3 months sounds like a long time until you see all the weeks filling up.
...Our home will become a guest house of sorts while we are gone. You begin to realize all the little things that you have to work out here.
...When people know you are leaving, they all want to say goodbye. It's flattering, but there is no such thing as a short goodbye here - in fact, sometimes they can last weeks!!!!
We are ready to jump the pond and be with ya'll for awhile! Pray that we will wrap up all the loose ends and finish strong! Oh....and HUGE praise....some dear friends have offered us the use of one of their vehicles for our entire home assignment! God continues to amaze us with His faithfulness!!
3 comments:
Glad you guys are okay. Can't wait to see all of you. Love, Robin
Hey Skinners! Wow, your time has come. We pray that your time back will be restorative, relaxing, and fun! We've really got to try to plan to meet sometime when you get back.
Blessings to you all!
The Schecks
Praying for safe travels! Wish I was in Texas to see ya'll! Enjoy your time back in the States!
Amanda(Ward)Dishmon
Post a Comment