Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dade Michael

Today Dade turned 7 years old! Where does the time go? I remember thinking he moved so much inside of me that he must be twins or a gymnist. Now, seven years later, he still hasn't stopped moving!

I don't have his baby pictures with me to help you see how he's grown, but here is a picture of him one year ago.
Now here he is this morning lighting his own candle in his birthday pancakes (and in his same pajamas) :)
We celebrated his birthday yesterday at the local swimming pool. All of his friends were there and we had a great time.
He loves to ride the scooter around the pool. There aren't the usual rules here like "no running" or "no diving in the shallow end". So Dade gets to enjoy the scooter around the pool (don't worry we do keep him out other people's way).
The dry season is here and the wind was really blowing. I'm not sure if Dade even blew out his own candles...but the cookie cake was still yummy.
I wish I could spend all day telling each of you how wonderful this boy is, but there's just not enough time. I love the way he still wants to cuddle on my lap, climb up and jump off anything taller than himself, take a broken clock apart and do his best to put it back together, add the "reflection of the stars" in his latest art work, hold my hand when we walk in town, talks to people in town (even orders his own food at the local restaurant), and always prays for our whole family to be healthy. This boy can wear me out and bless me in the same moment. What a huge blessing to be his mom. We love you, Dade!!!

4 comments:

Lauren Devereaux said...

Happy Birthday Dade! I miss you guys and am finally home safely :) I hope that you have a great few weeks before heading home! I miss you guys and I will be praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dade!! Looking forward to seeing you and all the family. Love, Miss Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dade! We love you and hope you had a great day. Love, Uncle Michael Aunt B and Allyson

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday big guy! Can't wait to see all of this in person! Wish it was really soon, but I guess it'll get here soon enough :)

Think of you guys often!