Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's sad to admit

I really don't know how God puts up with us (especially me). Maybe you're like me, but hopefully your faith is much more stable. We're trying to sell the house, right? So in our efforts to advertise that this is our desire we have a sign in the front yard that reads "FOR SALE by OWNER" and our phone number. That's it - no flyers or anything else. It gets better...We live on a cul-de-sac that branches off of a street that does not receive a lot of traffic. With all this said, it is huge that we've received at least 3 calls a week and shown the house 6 times! In today's market and economy, God is so gracious to provide this much interest!

One of these prospective buyers has actually verbalized a desire to buy it. Their English is not that strong, so their adult child is supposed to call this Thursday or Friday to talk numbers. I was very excited when I heard this and yet I still feel myself prone to being anxious about what the future holds. What if the financing doesn't go through? What if they change their mind? I have all sorts of similar thoughts racing through my mind. Don't I trust that God has it all under control? Why doesn't my mind find peace in this? Where is my faith? I am confident that God has a plan and I am so grateful for that knowledge. I guess it's a choice I make as to where I put my thoughts (that's what I'm always telling Dara). Please pray that I will rest in the knowledge that God has a plan that is perfect for us and it's a good one. (Romans 8:28) Do I think I'll be disappointed? How silly!
No wonder God said it only takes faith the size of a mustard seed in order to move a mountain. He knew how hard it is to have even that small amount of faith. It's pretty sad. I am so thankful that He loves us and desires us. We are so undeserving.

This is much longer and deeper than I usually post, so to make it lighter and add a picture (which I believe should be a part of every post)...here are the kids in their "fall festival" (a.k.a. halloween) garb. I didn't get off work in time to be with them, but Joel said they had a blast and we have enough candy to insure the high continues for awhile.

On the Thursday, Dade kept wanting to shoot Dara with his gun, but Dara was quick to point out that you shouldn't shoot an angel. Watching them wear their costumes then and knowing they will wear them for months to come, makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

Dano and Melinda said...

I will pray for all to go well with the sale & for your faith! God IS able. He sold our TX house without even a sign & with major foundation problems (thankfully still under warranty)! Love you, Mel =0)