I was beginning to doze just a little, when I hear Jill say, "just one thing - when you roll over onto your back you take up a lot of room and are on my half of the bed." That was at 10:42. I laid there silently for about 10 seconds while it regsitered in my mind what she just said. See, we have this ongoing feud about space on the bed (a friendly and funny feud mind you). I just couldn't believe my ears. Every night I gaciously allow her feet and arms to rest on "my" half. Very rarely do I complain, because the reality is that I love to know she's there after a long day; and the leg draped over me and the hand poking into my back remind me of the gift God gave me in Jill.
However, I couldn't let this one pass. I immeditaley sat up and held her foot in place while I turned on the lamp. I wanted her to see who really took up all the space on the bed. I kept telling her to put on her glasses and look at where her foot was but to no avail. The problem was, that by this point, she was laughing hysterically and not even able to sit up. When she finally raised up enough to look, she laughed even harder and rolled back over. I turned off the lamp, but couldn't let it go. I told her I would take a picture of the bed this morning with a blanket showing the amount of space I sleep in and prove to the public once and for all who takes up two thirds of the bed and who is left fighting for room throughout the night. So, if I can figure out this picture posting thing, the picture will be below.
As you can tell, the blanket on the left (as you are looking at the picture) represents the amount of space I sleep in. While I didn't measure (but probably will tonight before Jill gets home), I assure you that it is about one-third of the whole bed. So, when Jill says she has no "room" I just want it on the record and want to have plenty of witness that will agree with me that I am the one with no room!
1 comment:
WOW, that must be something that comes either from being an RN, or just from where they work. I can't tell you how many times I have WANTED to (A)roll over in our bed, but there was no room to move, or (B)been scared to move and risk giving up the 1/3 of the bed I was so graciously given.
Post a Comment