This most recent holiday found us with my (Jill's) parents at Boys Ranch. We were there two nights and have tons to show for it. We rode horses, jumped on hay bales, saw beautiful fireworks, played in water and mud, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The pictures of the mud will require their own post - you'll see...
We also went to see my sister, Robin, and her new home. Afterwards we all lunched at McDonalds. With Dara and Dade gently supporting/coaxing/dragging (you can pick a word) her along my niece, Allyson, made it up to the top of the McDonald playground slide and down!
My camera battery died just before the fire works started so the only pictures I have are some family shots before the show started. Hopefully, you were able to see your own.
The next day we went on a hike to see where the Indian women used to grind their corn. It was kind of neat. To be honest, I was a bit preoccupied looking for snakes...it felt as if they were waiting for one of us to step on them. Thankfully, we never actually saw one. :)
There were several holes like this on this flat rock that we climbed up to. Apparently they would use another rock to grind the corn. I thought it was a very strange place to do such a job, but when I saw the view - it seemed obvious.
I did find another way that our God is so wonderful, besides protecting us from all the snakes, there were these beautiful little flowers growing among the rocks. There hasn't been rain out there for quite some time, no one sees up there, and yet God thought it best to let these tiny little flowers decorate an otherwise barren hill side. Isn't He great!
No comments:
Post a Comment