Weird title huh? Just thought I'd share a quick tidbit I picked up from another AIMers blog a few weeks ago. She is wrapping up her time in the Lopit hills in South Sudan, serving alongside one of our dear friends we met during Candidate Week a few years back. In fact as I write this, her team is probably on a plane heading to Nairobi and leaving behind the people they have lived among as part of AIM's TIMO program. How appropriate I thought, that God would bring this back to my mind today. They have lived among this people group for the past two years and I can only imagine as they fly out of this remote wilderness that they are praying for those they left behind that don't yet know the Creator of the Universe.
Anyhow.....she shared this quote by George Mueller, stating that she was both "intimidated and encouraged." I have to say that I shared those sentiments after reading it.
"I am now, in 1864, waiting upon God for certain blessings, for which I have daily besought Him for 19 years and 6 months, without one day's intermission. Still the full answer is not yet given concerning the conversion of certain individuals. In the meantime, I have received many thousands of answers to prayer. I have also prayed daily, without intermission, for the conversion of other individuals about ten years, for others six or seven years, for others four, three, and two years, for others about eighteen months; and still the answer is not yet granted, concerning these persons [whom I have prayed for nineteen-and-a-half years]. Yet, I am daily continuing in prayer and expecting the answer....Be encouraged, dear Christian reader, with fresh earnestness to give yourself to prayer, if you can only be sure that you ask for things which are for the glory of God."
No comments:
Post a Comment