Saturday, July 12, 2008

Muddin'



Now let me first introduce this glorious river that runs from Colorado through New Mexico, the panhandle of Texas, and most of Oklahoma...this is the Canadian River. It apparently is a large supporter of the Arkansas River which is a large supporter of the Mississippi River. All of this is from Wikopedia and is just to show how even little things can make a big difference. Before discovering all of this (which I am not sure is all that important to most of you), I would have thought that the river died out around the bend - it was that unimpressive in size. But what it lacked in size, it made up in fun!


I don't know what color the water started out as, but in this stretch of the river it was all red clay.

The kids had wanted to play with a slip-n-slide earlier that day, and were quite thrilled to see that God provided them with one when parents did not.

I was a bit worried about Dade because he didn't want to wear his swimsuit for fear that the white would never be white again. I thought that maybe he would not want to get in the muddy water - what was I thinking?

Even my dad got into the games, at one point I took several pictures in a row of him walking across a large slippery area. I thought that it might be good to have pictures to say how he broke his tail bone.

You would think that swimming and sliding would be enough of a blast - but no! Tiffany and Dara decided to explore the cosmetic benefits of mud. Afterall don't people pay big bucks for a mud bath?!

I'm telling you - things got way out of hand when Joel would slither out of the water into the mud and roll around as if he were going to be used as a paint roller.

Thankfully, I was in charge of the pictures and we value the camera too much. Otherwise this wonderful beast of a man would have carried me kicking and screaming into that nasty river. He reminds me from someone in Braveheart.


Overall it was a blast, and we would definitely do it all again. (Again I would gladly be in charge of the camera?)

No comments: