Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two New Beginnings

Today is the day after Labor Day. "Back in the day" this was the time to begin a new school year. So, that is what we did today! It was by far the most exciting first day of school ever!

I mentioned in a previous post how we are so blessed to have Carolyn and Kelsea here as short termers. And how one of their roles is to help homeschool Dara and Dade...I felt like crying with joy when I heard Dade reading to Carolyn (he's only ever read to Joel and me). Then Kelsea told me she was starting with Dara's lesson 45 in English! It never once crossed my mind to start anywhere besides lesson 1! Who does such a thing?! How wonderful!!! I am overjoyed that God cares enough about my children's education to send two lovely young ladies to help me. I'm telling you, we serve a God who loves us soooo much!

I could go on and on, but my bed is calling my name.

Our second "new beginning" actually happened last week. Dara's second rabbit "Zoey" (remember her first one died) was recently discovered to be a male. He is the white one and his name is now "Alex" so...we are now the proud owners of 6 baby bunnies. They're actually quite cute and the kids are thrilled.Dara did make the tough decision to give Alex to a friend. As it now stands, we are expecting another litter (?) of rabbits in about 3 weeks. Woo Hoo!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dara,

The baby bunnies look like little Chihuahuas. :) Love you all!

Uncle Jason