School is progressing well with the kids doing much more writing than last year. I get much more excited about all of it than they do, but I think we're all happy and thankful for the wonderful way it is working out. The baby bunnies are getting cuter with every day. Dara did give her male rabbit to a friend. It's a bit difficult because she knows there is a chance Alex (the rabbit) will get sold or worse, eaten! Because we kept him for almost a week after the babies were born, there is a good chance we'll have more bunnies in about 2 more weeks. Does anyone want a bunny? They're really cute!
The university Bible studies are going well. We meet on the veranda of our chuch, which is near campus, and this past Wednesday it rained so hard we moved inside. Joel piled all the students into the car to get them back before their lectures started. It only took 2 trips! The 3rd and final trip had us dropping extra, non-students, off. We almost made a huge circle. The roads here have become quite terrible lately and I feel like a bobble head as we go down them. I've found that it's easier on the body to just relax and be tossed about. I'm not sure about the long-term effects on my spine, but this is my current plan.
Speaking of roads, last week the kids begged to take their scooters with them when we went to take all of our recycling to the woman who receives them. She sells used tin cans in the market for candles. She also sells used water bottles, but I'm not sure what for. She gets 100/= (less than 3 cents) for the cans and 10/= for each 500ml water bottle. It's obviously not much but she's so thankful to receive it.
So the kids agreed that if allowed to ride their scooters on roads that are barely able to be scootered upon, they wouldn't complain if it didn't work out like they expected. You'd be proud to know they handled it very well despite the fact they had to carry their scooters about 75% of the way! Those kids of ours are the best. I can't get over how blessed we are to be privileged to parent them. (This would be a great place for a picture of them, so here they are. Taken at a friend's house during a get together.)
1 comment:
Thank you for the blog, it was very, very interesting!!!! And thanks for the recent pictures of the kids. Sorry about the rough scooter rides for the kids. Love, Gigi
Post a Comment