This afternoon we'll go swimming for the last time with the boys. I'm praying it doesn't rain. Why am I telling you my plans for the day? Because today is the last day we'll do these things with the Hollenbecks while in Uganda. They leave tomorrow morning to start the next chapter of their life in America. They've lived here for the past 10 1/2 years and it's not easy to move. The boys have only known the U.S. as a vacation/furlough. They've never really lived there. The cultures are soooo different. I'm not sure which will be more challenging to adapt to. Please pray for them.
Please pray for our kids too. The Hollenbeck boys are the ones Dara and Dade have bonded with the most. We lived in their house, been on the same team, and shared tons of experiences together. Last week Dade told me that he'll miss them but not be sad. Yesterday he came up to me and said, "I was wrong. I will be sad." Dara's also prepared me by saying that she and Dade may not be too happy tomorrow. Dara and Dade are acutely aware of the loss of their dear friends. It's part of life, just not the easy part. Goodbyes are never fun and this is no exception.
So, if you read this today, Monday, please pray that the luggage gets worked out, that the weather is great for swimming, and for good "goodbyes" tomorrow. Thanks!
2 comments:
Praying that all the goodbyes go well. I hate goodbyes so I will be praying extra hard that all goes well. Love you all, Aunt B
One huge fact for missionaries: You will learn to say goodbye. I finally told our family to stop coming to the airport when we departed...it was always too hard to say goodbye. A sadness lingers in the heart for a few days and then other life things will soon fill in the void. I was always so happy to see friends, visitors, etc...come...but so hard to see them go. Praying for the Lord to fill the void with Him!
Post a Comment