Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cloooose the doooors!!!

Today it was Ruth yelling these words throughout the house. Sometime back it was Dara yelling this repeatedly as she ran through the yard, "Ruth, close the doors!" These words are said with such fervor my heart begins to race, and I jump up to shut any door(s) closest to me. If you were resting while reading a book (which is what I was doing when Ruth shouted today), you might think the house was being invaded by some army.

However, this has happened enough times for all of us to be able to translate it into our minds. Here is what it really means, "Molly is bringing an animal into the house - probably alive!" She almost always runs down the hall into Dara's room with her newest captive. Today it was just a lizard, which is a bit beneath her as she usually has a bird or mouse.

I'm really no help at all to Ruth as my natural instinct is to hide behind whatever door I closed last. She just laughs and "encourages" Molly to get back outside. Have I said lately how much I love Ruth?! Ruth doesn't judge me at all as she protects me from the critters I fear. In my defense, I don't fear lizards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like Mother like daughter. I run and hide from critters too! Shadow used to try and bring stuff in with her and I always stood on the bed and called for Aaron to come get the critter. Things don't change. Love you, Mom