For the past couple of days I have been more homesick than normal. Our life here is pretty wonderful, without a lot of the worries I had when we lived in the U.S. There's no peer pressure to look a certain way or wear the right clothes. Imagining life with a pre-teen in the States, I probably don't appreciate this enough. We are blessed with lots of family time in a culture that is relationship-oriented not time-oriented. It's a blessing for sure!
but...I'm watching 1 single teammate and 1 family of teammates pack up and leave to return to their homes on Tuesday. Our unit leader will be leaving with his family at the end of September. July 4th is tomorrow. And I'm missing home.
I'd like to see our two nephews who have been born while we've been away. I'd like to go fishing with my dad, shopping with my mom and sisters, garden with my in-laws, chat with my friends, and just be. But, this is not my lot in life for this time. I have no doubt we are exactly where God want us, and that is a huge blessing. Some days I just struggle with being content and this is one of those days. Why am I telling everyone this? So you'll remember to pray for us/me in this area. Thanks!
2 comments:
We are homesick for you all also. Can't wait to give you each big hugs. I loved talking with you the other day. Call anytime you need a listening ear. Love you. Aunt B
We miss you soo much! We are praying for your daily struggles! Addie misses Dara- and refers to her as her best friend that lives in Africa! Please remember you are thought of often!! love you all bunches- Cheri E
Post a Comment