Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hope Update

This is an update of Hope, the butterfly.

About 2 mornings ago, Joel said, "You should ask Dara what happened to the butterfly." So I went to find her and asked. She looked at me with a humorous-resigned look and said, "About 3 o'clock this morning I woke up and saw Molly (the orange cat) sitting by Hope's box. Molly was definitely chewing something and I went back to sleep. This morning Hope was gone. I'm sure Molly ate her." I said I was sorry for her loss, and Dara just shrugged her shoulders and gave a hint of a smile.

The butterfly had made improvements and she could float down from a higher position. Sadly, she never regained the ability to fly away.

Dara's biggest thing now is hoping Molly will get pregnant. Molly has gone over the compound walls and back again several times now. Dara no longer panics, but still doesn't like it. Such is life.

Well, I'm off to our Wednesday Bible study on the campus. I wish you could meet this group of students. They have helped us grow in our time here, and we pray we've returned the favor.

No comments: