Just like Christmas felt different, the New Year does too. There was no ball dropping or big countdown to watch on tv. We stayed up and watched a movie then woke the kids up so we could go onto the roof and watch the fireworks. The fireworks lasted maybe 5 minutes (I think it's probably closer to 3), but it was fun to climb onto the roof (there's a staircase so it's not like it we climbed up a ladder) in the middle of the night.
It was a full moon (or a new moon) and quite bright. It obstructed the view of the stars, but I was hoping that it would keep the bats away. Alas, it didn't. There weren't many, but enough to motivate me to not want to stay up there. :)
Richard laughed at us as he watched the display from his guard house. After we came down, we concluded that his view was probably as good as ours.
We all went to sleep easily and had a relaxing day today. I hope each of you had a great time last night and have a great new year. I look forward to seeing all that God has in mind....
No comments:
Post a Comment