Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tiffany!

This day 21 years ago, God brought Tiffany Kaye Nation into our family. She is a daughter, sister, aunt, and dear friend. She has gone by many names over the years. Our mom calls her T.K. or Tiffy or (if she is deserving) Tiffany Kaye! Dara and Dade call her Coco or Doco (from Dade before speech therapy). Allyson calls her Aunt T. Whatever she may be called at any particular moment, she is very loved.

I remember when…
she was born…she called me while I was in college to tell me thank you for letting her be part of our family… she thought I was the coolest “student-nurse” on the planet…she introduced me to my best friend in college…she first met Joel and played his guitar…being a bridesmaid in our wedding…holding Dara after she was born…driving my first car and almost running into the house…holding Dade when he was born…graduating from high school…sliding down a slip’n’slide with Joel and the kids…growing up into a beautiful young lady – and you are still going strong!

We hope you have a great birthday; we miss you and love you very much!

Yo te amo.
Yo te amo tambien.
Yo te amo tambien.
Yo te amo!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much! This is the best birthday present! I love you all so much! You will never understand how much this means to me! I will NEVER forget this because it is so incredibly special....you have no idea.

Joel, you are truly like a brother to me. Thank you so much for always being there for me. You're encouraging and you have the best advice. You never turn down an opportunity to help me grown in Christ. I love you!

Dara, I love watching you grow up! I've always said I could talk to you like you were older because you are soooo smart. You are very mature for your age. You are so compassionate and loving and I'm so blessed to be your aunt! I love you so much and miss you like crazy!

Dade, you ALWAYS make me smile no matter what. I love when you're running around crazy (like the boy you are) and then you can crawl in my lap and say, "I love you COCO!" It's usually only for a second but is a precious second!I love you Dade-o!!

Jill, you are a wonderful sister and part of the reason I've grown to be a Godly woman is because I've grown up seeing your example. I love you SO much, sister! And even though it's hard sometimes that you are so far away, I know that this is where God has called you and I'm so proud of you!

Jason Skinner said...

Happy Birthday Tiffany! Enjoy your special day.

Anonymous said...

Thank you God for family!
Dara, your hair looks awesome!! I love the new hair duo. Addie- got hers cut also and it is easier for her and Mama to deal with. Love ya- Addie and Cheri