Did you think we disappeared? Are you curious to see our new home? Well, you'll have to wait until I get unpacked a bit more. :) We moved into our new home on Sunday. Joel and John (the man we had been staying with) worked diligently to add two new showers to our bathtubs. They weren't able to finish until today, but I just took a shower and it was so worth the wait. Thanks guys!
It was so nice to realize we're no longer nomads. We have a home! We unpacked our clothes and put them in drawers. The kids were able to "decorate" their rooms. Lucy (John's daughter) helped me rearrange the room to make it different. We didn't take into account the hooks holding the mosquito nets. But we made it work. I still have quite a bit of unpacking to do, I'll try to take pictures before too long.
Many of you may know that we sleep with fans. We enjoy the "white noise" - it helps drown out the other noises around. We've slept with fans our whole marriage. All this to say, that before we went to sleep last night, we turned our fan even higher to hide the sound of the bats that live in our attic. They make a shrill squeak that the fan couldn't hide. About an hour after we fell asleep, the electricity went out! We could hear the bats, the dogs barking (it's the end of the dry season - people barely have enough food for themselves so they definitely haven't been feeding their dogs), birds, and the rooster who started crowing way before daybreak. The blessing was that the kids slept through all of it!
It's late and I'm tired, I'll try to post again soon with pictures and introductions of other people in our lives here - so you won't be in the dark.
4 comments:
So maybe after 16 years or so there was a purpose in the crickets in our house growing up. You got training 16 years before you knew you needed it. LOL. I am so glad to hear that you got a shower and are getting settled into the house. Well I love you all and miss you bunches. Robin
I have loved reading your posts each time they come. I look forward to seeing the house. Just think though that a few more days of little sleep and no amount of noise will keep you awake. LOL
Shane
Be sure to let us know your final shipping address. It sounds like you could use a couple of solar panels to run bug zappers and fans.
Jill - I finally got around to catching up on your blog. What an amazing opportunity you, Joel and your children have! And what a blessing to know that you are exactly where God intends you to be. Your faith and courage are an inspiration! I sincerely look forward to hearing and seeing what awesome things you are doing in Uganda. Your family will be in my prayers!
Shani
Post a Comment