Thursday, January 1, 2009
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
There's nothing quite as aggrivating as checking out someone's blog to find they haven't posted anything in over a month! Who does such a thing? Me. :) I am still finding it hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone and the New Year has started. Where does the time go?
Our Christmas was wonderful. From Dade getting to put the star on the Christmas tree (a privelege Dara has always had) to Joel putting the lights on the house late one evening - finishing after it was dark. For some reason the kids think they should also be allowed on the roof as well so if you can see them, they are up there with Joel. He's such a patient Daddy.
We had a wonderful Christmas Eve with Joel's family. Dara read the Christmas story (in front of the nativity scene of course) and we ate a lot of food. It was very relaxing and peaceful.

Christmas day was probably the most relaxed that it's ever been. We lounged and napped and played games. I think the DSs had something to do with it, but whatever the reason - I'm grateful for the peace.
My family arrived the day after Christmas. I am so grateful that God knew best and didn't let our house sell yet. The only ones missing were Aaron, Donna, and their kids. Even so, it was great having all of us together.
I cherish these moments knowing we won't always get to be together for the holidays. God is so good to bless us with families who love us and who we will miss so much.
We wish you peace and a sweet communion with God for this coming year. May you grow with Him in ways beyond your imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment