Monday, November 21, 2011

Favorite Time of Year

I love the fall! It's wonderful when the air is a bit crisp and the leaves change colors (at least up North) and then fall off the trees . Back in the day when we had seasons, I loved watching the kids play in the leaves.
I found these old pictures on a hard drive that had been tucked away. I think these were taken in the fall of 2004. Dara would have been 4 and 1/2. Dade would have been about 16 months old.Dade tried to sweep the leaves up that year :)

I love wearing shorts and a sweat shirt - that is my definition of the perfect temperature! I love football, Mrs. Lowe's potato casserole (a dish I associate with Thanksgiving), and how the cool nights are good for snuggling together as a family.

But most of all I love the month of November because it holds two of my favorite days: my anniversary and Thanksgiving. One week ago today Joel and I celebrated 13 years of marriage.
This week holds my other favorite day: Thanksgiving, and even though we miss celebrating it at home, we are looking forward to enjoying the day here with our friends. We are truly blessed beyond measure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you all and will miss you this Thanksgiving as we do everyday. Love, Robin

Tiffany said...

I love those old pictures! I praise God for bringing you two together all the time. Your marriage has blessed so many!! We miss y'all and Thanksgiving won't be the same, but I am grateful you all have wonderful friends/family there. We love you all so so much!!

Shane said...

can we play a time to skype that day? We will be at dad and mom's in the afternoon. But we can talk on Friday also.
Shane