I apologize for the lack of posts lately. There just doesn't seem a lot that I'm able to share. So I'll start with a bit of randomness. Last night we roasted hot dogs over Ruth's charcoal stove. She kept calling them "dog hots". :) The bread is not so good here and I can't imagine finding actual hot dog buns, so Dade just ate his off the stick. That's how Ruth ate hers too. The supply of hot dogs is quite intermittent so we enjoy them when we get them. Almost anything is good when cooked on a fire!
Thinking of "fire", that's what I see outside my bedroom window. Joel, David, and the kids are "burning the pit". I know it's not very friendly for the environment (we do recycle as much as we can) but it's the best way to dispose of our trash. School has actually been postponed for this exciting event - you know Dade is all about fires. Thankfully the flames are big and really hot or he might come back with singed hair.
Speaking of "hair", Dara and I get to have our hair cut (professionally) this coming Saturday. We are so excited. There's no one in Mbarara who can cut Mazungu hair, so we've made an appointment in Kampala. Last time Dara had her hair cut in Kampala, the man said he knew what he was doing, but the evidence didn't really support that. I quickly told him "thank you so much for your work" and fixed it when we got home. This lady will be new to us, so I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.
"Check" reminds me to thank the many of you who so faithfully support us. We would not/could not be here with you. Thanks, just as much, to those who faithfully pray for us. We need your prayers so desperately.
"Desperation" makes me think of the students in our Bible studies. Whether they know it or not, they are in desperate need for the pure gospel. It is so easy to distort the word of God - trying to make it fit what an audience wants to hear. So many people are convinced that if they have enough faith - they will never be sick or poor. The Bible just doesn't support this thinking. Like Joel referred to in a recent newsletter - it's a struggle for these young people (and many people in America) to discern God's truth from what they hear on Sunday mornings.
Well, I'll stop there with my rambling (because several hours have passed and I've done a lot of things just from when I started this post to now). Have a Happy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment