My question to the kids when they started this project was, "Do lizards like water?" I never received an answer, but a good chunk of their afternoon was spent on this endeavour so I hope some lizards enjoyed it.
Dade, Benjamin, and Zachary "carried" a tub of "clay" up to a far corner of the compound.
Originally, the plan was to build this pool near the gate, but I quickly vetoed that location and sent them where no one would be able to see it. I sound so mean, but I just didn't know what the outcome would be.
If you're ever interested on how to make a lizard pool, I'll give you some basic tips. It's pretty obvious in the beginning...you start with a hole. It's the dry season now and the ground is quite hard so Dade and Benjamin took turns digging the hole.
Then you cut off a branch and place it in the bottom of the hole. Next comes a layer of rocks, then the "clay" is applied and you hope it becomes hard so the water will not get absorbed into the dirt.
Finally you add water. I didn't ask if they ever caught lizards to put into the pool - I just really didn't like the idea of lizards trying frantically to swim for their lives. I'm also sorry to say that after building your excitement, I don't have any pictures of the finished project. All I know is that they had fun constructing and my basin was returned to the laundry room - clean - by evening.
2 comments:
Some baby lizards might swim maybe you guys need some frogs. Glad the kids had fun. Love you all.
I love the picture of Dara getting licked! Thank you for the update! Much love, Xx
Post a Comment