Saturday, January 1, 2011

Food glorious Food!

Thanks to Sandy, we now have a wonderful recipe for orange chicken (which Joel and I both love). It was wonderful! Thanks you, Sandy, for sharing your recipes with us. We are so grateful. Our cabbage is ready for harvest these days, and I'm thinking that soon I'll try my hand at spring rolls. I'll let you know how it goes.

Even Dade got in on the cooking tonight and made chocolate pudding (kind of). It's a treat from Ruth, our friend from the UK. She gave us some a while back but we've just recently tried them. It's called "Angel Delight" and comes in two flavors - strawberry and chocolate. Last night we tried the strawberry. Joel really liked it but after having the chocolate this evening - chocolate Angel Delight is the flavor of choice for the rest of us! It was so nice. Thank you, Ruth, for sharing.

Where would be without friends?! We are so blessed. We even had friends around as the New Year arrived in Uganda. We woke the kids, Ruth, and her sister up a few minutes til. A nearby hotel celebrated with fireworks. We could see the majority of them.


This next week will be busy as I speak at a women's conference on Tuesday. I have the privilege to speak about women's health issues. I'm excited and a bit nervous. Ruth has agreed to translate for me. There's a couple of times in the talk where she may get a bit uncomfortable. Please pray for both of us...thanks.

Early Wednesday morning we head off to Rwanda for our region conference. We'll be there for one week and are looking for the time together before we start back to school. I'll do my best to take pictures of our time. There's apparently a body of water nearby and I think Joel and the kids will have fun (the water is way too cold for me to swim).

Joel wanted me to mention we didn't have black eyed peas today (not that I'm complaining). Orange chicken and chocolate Angel Delight may now be our favorite New Year meal. We did, however, finish the last of the chocolate covered cherries - which were so good!!!

Enough talk of food, my day is over and soon it will be January 2, 2011. I wish all of you a happy New Year, may God bless you richly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks great. So glad you guys had a good New Year. Thanks for the text messages. We all got them. Still waiting on Caleb to join the world but other than that our first day of the new year is going well. Love you, Robin

Janessa said...

Last night I dreamed that a flight from Michigan to Mbarara was about an hour long, so I went to visit you over the holidays, and of course you were thrilled to see me. Even though you didn't have that joy to bring in the New Year, I'm glad to see that you've been enjoying your holiday season!

Ruth said...

Chocolate Angel Delight...yum, yum, yum. It also comes in butterscotch flavour, which some would argue is the best, but I'm sticking with chocolate. Glad you all enjoyed them.