Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving (part 2)

This should be titled, "Let the games begin!" because the second half of our Thanksgiving celebration was filled with games. We made some changes to last years games. Last year we played limbo and had a 3-legged race, but we replaced those games with an egg toss and a sack race.
The sack race was a hit with all ages. Thankfully no one was hurt.

The egg toss was fun, but the pictures didn't come out to well. I have pictures of the egg-and-spoon relay and the other kids/adults in the sack race, but I don't want to bore you with pictures....so onto the snowball fight! It was fun to see the anticipation in those who played last year with us. They were so excited and the rest caught on quickly.

We placed the "snowballs" (which are just panty hose stuffed with flour) in a circle because last year everyone hit everyone vs. teams. So it seemed easier to do it this way.

On your mark, get set, go!

In no time, the air was filled with flour. The next day a friend told me that there were Ugandans walking up to our gate trying to see what all the noise and smoke was about. I can only imagine what they thought if they were able to see... :)

Most pictures require no explination but this one deserves it. If you look in the center above the pole on the right, you'll see the snowball Dara shot at me. It hit me right in the stomach.

She was proud of her shot and went running for more. I didn't stand around to see who was shot next.


Here is my friend, William, after the game was over (thanks in part to Joel - see 3 pictures up). Now for the grand total...Dara and her friend, Judah, counted everyone as they came for food and came up with a number. Six more people arrived later - so we're not quite sure exactly how many we had. I have counted 69 people in our picture (not counting Mike, who was taking the picture), and there were 3 people who left early. I feel like I'm writing a word problem for math - crazy...so onto the sum...

We definitely had 73 people sharing Thanksgiving with us!What an amazing day...definitely one for which to be thankful. God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you had 74. You forgot to count Rooster. Chuchu

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.