Friday, September 24, 2010

Tubing

We spent last weekend with Joel's family at a nearby lake. It was so relaxing and refreshing. Looking back, I enjoyed the fishing, food, company, reading a book, playing games and watching old movies. But what I think the kids loved the most was the tubing. We rented a boat and pulled everyone around the lake on this tube.

Dara and Chandler had a blast riding together and they tried so hard to cross the wake.
Then they both tried a bit too hard...
and off she went...
It's not easy trying to get back on the tube once it knocks you off. The boys were a bit more composed - at first.
Chad wanted so badly to stand up - it just isn't meant to be done that way. He never fell off but he came pretty close.
I have refrained from posting pictures of the adults riding the tube because it's not nice to only post pictures of everyone else. You see tubing is not a graceful sport and none of the pictures are very flattering. :)
Anyway, I love the way we have so many memories stored up for the future
I'm just afraid that just like drinking tons of diet dr. pepper doesn't mean you won't miss it when it's gone; a wonderul weekend of memories helps but doesn't quite make up for missing family come Christmas.
Not wanting to leave on a sad note, I'm so grateful God has stretched our time and provided good quality time with family. I can't believe just 12 days and we'll be heading back - that means I need to drink another diet dr. pepper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! It is so great to see you all having a good time.

Love you,

Shane