Thursday, September 30, 2010

I hate goodbyes

Can you believe we only have 6 nights (including tonight) left in the U.S.? I wonder where the time has gone. All the time we have spent with family and friends has seemed to pass in slow motion. We prayed for quality time with people and are amazed at how God made it happen. But, not to complain or anything, now that I'm facing the end of our time here - I feel like it isn't enough. But would I ever? Probably not. I hate goodbyes.

We spent the last 3 days with my parents and sisters and it was wonderfully relaxing. When this morning came and it was time to leave; it was not what I expected. It was almost surreal how normal it was to say "goodbye" for two years. How can that be? I will miss everyone so much. I think the difference is that last time we didn't have a clue about where we were going, communication, living situations, or anything. This time we are "returning home" vs. "leaving home". Whatever the reason for the change, I'm grateful. I hate goodbyes.

So, if you see me at church on Sunday or around town over the next couple of days, and I say "See you later!" Even though we both know it'll be a good bit of time before I'm back, please just let me think that I will - it's easier that way. I hate goodbyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate goodbyes too. It did not hit me until after you left that this one was for sooooo long. Praise God for technology where we can talk and even see each other dispite the distance. I am sooooo proud of you guys and the way you are letting God lead you and not your feelings. I will miss you but will smile every time I think about how obedient you are being!!! I love you bunches, Mom

Z said...

Thinking of you! Looking forward to having you back in Uganda - you are indeed missed!!!

Adrienne said...

thinking of and praying for you guys over the next few days, and adjusting back to life in uganda...coming to kenya anytime this year?
with love, adrienne