However, last week our friend Ruth gave us a cup partially filled with roasted termites! Dara was the one most excited about trying them and when no one else was interested in them she was so sad. So sad, in fact, that Joel felt compelled to try them with her. It went so fast, I wasn't able to photograph like I would have liked and he wasn't willing to do it a second time so...here they are...
This is the cup with the termites...
This is while he was chewing what he described later to be "a bit sweet"
but he didn't really focus on it all too much - just got it down.
Then it was Dara's turn, she had a hard enough time eating potatoes and carrots. I really didn't know how she was going to get a bug down her throat.
She was excited and nervous, almost timid.

Here's a close up of one on a piece of paper. Do you think you could eat it? I'm sure some of you have and my hat is off to you!
On a different food topic, I made cottage cheese today! I wanted to have some for lasagna tonight, and it was really quite simple to do. Dara, who does like cottage cheese, said that it would be good if it was cold (I was too excited for her to try it that I served her a bite immediately after I made it - it was more than luke warm which would be a bit gross) .I feel quite grown up!

She was poised and ready...
but couldn't get her hands to let go into her mouth. Her body just couldn't do it, and I couldn't blame her.
7 comments:
Oh, I am very impressed with the homemade cottage cheese. Please send me your recipe, or do you think the milk we have here will work? Dara must have been happy to have cottage cheese again.
After seeing the size of your terimtes, I'm not sure I could have tried one either. Love to you all, and happy eating!! Gigi
I have to admit that I would NOT try it. Wes said he would though. Good job Jill on making cottage cheese! You are quite the chef! :)
I love you all so much!!!
Ok, termites would be tough and warm cottage cheese would be equally hard.
Thanks for the updates,
Shane
Thank goodness for potatoes and carrots. After all those pictures I think I would have lost weight to. Sorry I missed your call today. I never could hear you. Email me if you thought of something else you wanted sent to you.
Love ya
Awesome!!!!
There is no way that I could eat a Termite or any other bug at that!!! Hats off to Joel for getting it down! Impressive on the cottage cheese! Sounds like you are becoming quite the cook!!!!
Ginger
Well, I am trying to keep up with you while here safe at home. So I got stuffed cabbage at a nearby grocery, and had it with cottage cheese and peaches. If I was there my brother and best friend, I would have chomped the termites with you. I love and miss all of you daily. And as I tell the world, I am SO proud of all of you - my family. Your big brother, brother-in-law, and Uncle, misses you more than you could ever know.
Post a Comment