Sunday, October 11, 2009

Game Park #1

This past Saturday we went to a nearby game park. We left early in the morning to try and see the animals while the day was cool. Here is a bit of scenery as we traveled. This farm is lovely and is quite uncommon.

The dust flying up from the cars in front of us was very common.

The game park was green almost throughout and we saw many babies. This Impala seemed to pose for us just for a moment before it darted away.

The waterbucks were huge.

I was shocked to realize when we arrived home and I was sorting my pictures that I have so few of the zebras. There were so many I guess I thought I had some close up individuals, but I didn't.

My favorite zebra pictures were of Joel and Dara running with/towards a herd of zebra. I'm sure you're not supposed to do this (we did later learn that a male and female lion have recently moved into the park and you're not supposed to walk around without an armed guard), but ever since a friend of ours did it in Kenya; Joel has been wanting to. So off he went. It's not very easy to see them, thankfully Dara's wearing a pink shirt.

It was humorous to see how 1/2 way through our drive we saw a herd of Ankole cattle. It just struck us as funny. There are so many more pictures, they'll have to come on later posts. (Don't worry, I won't end our trip with a cow!)

No comments: