Sunday, October 25, 2009

Favorite things

Lately I've had a few of those "light-bulb-over-my-head" moments. So what I may share here is probably what many of you (perhaps even most) have already understood and appreciated.

1) God sent His Son, Jesus, to earth to live as a man. He left the spendor, majesty, and beauty of heaven where everyone knew exactly who He was and gave Him the honor due Him. He came to earth where it is dirty, people whine and fuss, He was spit on and abused, pursued for what He had to offer and not because He was God, He experienced hunger and pain.

This is God's Son we're talking about...His one and only Son. If God loved Him so much and was still willing to allow Him to suffer for the greater glory of God, how is it that I complain about God sending me to Africa?! I really should be grateful that I get to suffer for His glory (and really, is what I'm doing suffering? perhaps "inconvenienced" is a better word) Jesus left heaven and all I've left is America (a far cry from heaven). I really have no room to complain.

2) If it was the knowledge of His Sonship which determined Jesus' actions, shouldn't it also be what motivates and guides me?
These are just a few of the things God has been teaching me....lastly...
"Rain drops on roses....a few of my favorite things"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen amen amen amen. Enough said. Love ya

Griffen said...

Beautifully said. It puts my complaining in perspective.

Anonymous said...

God gives us mountains so we can practice climbing.

Plus the views are really nice.

Ricky

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord seems to teach us new truths and understandings from concepts that we have know our entire lives. However the deeper we understand than the closer we get to our Heavenly Father. May God continue to reveal himself to you and show you the fruits of your labor and how it is effecting his Kingdom!!!
When you share your struggles and victories it encourages me to dig deeper in my walk with the Lord. We all need that challenge no matter where we are in this world. Thank you for your openness as you share!
Ginger