Joel, reminded me that I should add something to my confession regarding Dara's bites. You see, I kind of made fun at Joel for being so careful and precise in his tucking in of the kids' nets. I've adopted his tucking method now...it seems he is right again! I'm so glad I married such a smart man!
Also, I have a story that may not cross over through cyber space for you to understand, but I'll try anyway....We were eating dinner Saturday night and there were several little flying bugs that were dive bombing our food - like they were bouncing off the light or something. As dinner progressed so did the bugs. By the end, we were picking bugs out of our food and Joel had his hand over his Coke bottle to prevent them from falling into his drink. It was hilariously disturbing. I was blaming the invasion on how long I left the door open after dark. Joel thought it was more than the door being open too long. Then I remembered something I was told once about baby termites.
Sure enough that's what it was - baby termites invading our meal. Thankfully they didn't come down to our rooms. It was much funnier if you had been here. Come to find out, many people will catch them and fry them for a snack! Here we were, trying to keep them out of our food and others were trying to catch them for food. I hope it's as funny for you as it was for me.
1 comment:
Oh yes, you had a tasty treat just flying around your kitchen. I saw a travel show recently where they stuck their hands into the termite mound and had to pull them out. When fried, they are supposed to be quite good. Bon appetit! Love, gigi
Post a Comment