Tuesday, May 26, 2009

30!

My stomach has been in knots all day. I asked myself, "why?" and then I realized my body is reacting to the nervousness more than my mind is. We leave this great country in 30 days and we move from the only home our kids have ever known in 7. I really shouldn't even be sitting down to write this, but my mind has to take time to absorb it all. (Should we get Joel to turn off the counter now?)

On my last day of work, one of the nurses kept saying, "Jill, this is the last 9 o'clock med you'll give. Jill, this is the last time you'll take lunch. Jill, this is the last time you'll help me turn a patient." I thought she was just out to torture me, but lately I've found myself doing the same...I have 3 more times to put out the trash, one more time to mow the yard, this is the last time I'll wash these sheets, etc. No wonder my stomach is all upset! I know we're about to go on an exciting adventure, but right now it's hard to see beyond the leaving. Please pray that I will stay on task and won't drive everyone crazy with the way I process my thoughts and that I'll help Dara, Dade, and Joel as they process their own feelings. I want God to be glorified in all of this for it's all about Him! Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, Just think when you are in Africa you will be saying "This is my first time doing this, first time doing that..." Remember, when one door closes, another is opened. Nerves are normal, but I know all will go well for you and your family. G-d does provide.

Aaron said...

Just relax and enjoy the ride. Easy for me to say, I know. We pray for ya'll every night. Just remember we all support ya'll and God has your back.

Robin said...

I am sick to my stomach too... I will miss you like crazy but cant wait to hear about the cool things God will do for ya'll.