Monday, May 2, 2011

The Funny Side of Life

Okay...first off…for those of you who don’t check Facebook, this is a recap of a short conversation with Jill last night as we went to sleep.

Me: Good night dear.
Jill: You should call me doe and I will call you buck.

I rolled over and tried to sleep, but kept laughing and was too afraid I would forget, so I grabbed my phone and posted to Facebook. I love this woman so much!
The other thing I thought many of you would find funny, especially after Jill’s post on the bunny races, was the other daily “fun” activity around our house. Each night, as Jill is getting ready to take a shower, you can hear things like….”I got another one” or “Uhg, why are there so many.” Night time becomes mosquito hunting time. Typically there are 4 or 5 of the little buggers in our bathroom each night that we try to squish before they escape into the rest of the house. The more we kill, the fewer the bites.

Last night, as I was getting ready to get in the shower, I moved my towel and out came around 7 of the pests. As I shook the shower curtain another 5 or 6 appeared. Jill ran down the hall to get the Doom (a local spray pesticide) and shut the bathroom door and began to fumigate them to death. She goes a little crazy with this nightly activity, but with Doom in her hand, it gets dangerous to be in the same room. I started coughing because of the fumes and kept telling her to open the door before we died as well.
So, if you ever come to visit, we will provide you, your own can of Doom and lock you in the bathroom. We wouldn’t want you to miss out on the excitement that is our life!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind Jill that mosquitos beat water bugs in the ear!

Mom