Nothing much is what is happening right now. It's a quite Sunday afternoon. The rain has come and gone for the day. Our garden and flowers were in desperate need, but our grass will need to be cut soon.
I spent most of this afternoon preparing for dinner. My hat goes off to those who can make round tortillas. I only made a dozen and my guess is that 2 were round. I start off so well, and by the third roll of the rolling pen - I have an oblong/rectangle/triangular shaped tortilla. The beautiful thing about making enchiladas (which is what is for dinner) is that the shape doesn't really matter vs. tacos - where the shape is definitely more noticed.
After I made the enchiladas, I set to making banana pudding. It's a shame the kids doen't like it because it's so yummy. Actually, it leaves more for me so I'm not really complaining.
Now, we're waiting for our guests to arrive anytime. There is a transformational development workshop in town this week and we have 2 ladies who will be staying with us. They are fellow missionaries with AIM and we enjoy both of them. Joel will be attending the workshop as well and I think he's looking forward to it. Transformational development is a hot topic these days here in Africa. In time we (missionaries in general) have learned that going to a needy country and providing a lot of "things", including money, isn't very helpful. Just look at our welfare system. It's better to find out what is working well in a community and building on that. We'll see what he learns - it should be good.
Well, our friends are here...gotta go!
1 comment:
Hopefully he can remember and share with us. That sounds like an awesome thing to work within the system that works and expand or duplicate it.
Shane
Post a Comment