I have not been doing a good job of taking pictures for awhile now, so I need to be sure and post the ones I do have. The majority of these are from the Thursday night get together that Joel mentioned in the previous post. It was a great night and made even better when I realised the students don't know a lot about tacos and therefore couldn't compare my very sloppy, not round, homemade tortillas to anything else (except chapatis - which are bigger than what I made - but we won't go there) :)
It's so fun to watch the kitchen be the main hub for visiting. This picture was taken while we were preparing for dinner. It was quite crowded by the time we were ready to pray and thank God for our food. 
Sometimes I feel as if our house is too big, but I those thoughts go away when I see it filled with college students - what a privilege!
Here's our serious picture (our 3 girls from Covenant college are on the right)
and our silly picture...
On a side note the girls made dinner for us tonight. It was interesting how they were provided a good picture of how life is here. They shopped and bargained for their food. A vendor selling tomatoes told them it would be 500 /= (Ugandan Shillings) for 3 tomatoes (this is the normal price) but when they told her they wanted the stack of 5 tomatoes (which is normally 1,000/=) she wanted 2,000 /= for them! (It's still a good price because 2,000 /= is about $1) It's just the principle of it all.
So they walked back here from town with all their supplies to find the power was off as well as the water....that's just the way it is sometimes. They were so sweet to let Dara and Dade help and we had a delightful meal. The power came back on about 1/2 way through dinner and I'll confess I was so glad.
Speaking of power, the power lines invaded my picture of the sunset. But it's still pretty enough to share. (although not as pretty as Joel's picture)
But to be honest, I really really like my power lines (even if they don't work all the time)
1 comment:
Thanks to you both, Stan and I enjoy reading your posts and we love your pictures. Hug Dara and Dade for me.Stan and Terrie
Post a Comment