Monday, June 1, 2009
Wrapping Up Work
I'm a few day delayed in writing this. I wrapped up my final day of work on Friday and it has been non-stop moving and packing since. I know I'm unusual in both this economy and generation in the fact that I have had the same job since college. Jill has asked the question quite a bit - how do you ever really wrap up 13 1/2 years of work? The last week was a blur of getting stuff squared away and wrapping up loose ends. And yet, no matter how much you do, you still have these nagging feelings that you've forgotten something or left something undone. I made lists, walked Dad and Susan through different procedures I do (or did), finished up some last minute invoicing, rebuilt a couple of AS400's and redid a PC for future use. Susan left at 4:00 and Dad left a little early to take Dade to a movie. I had the last hour by myself. God must have known I would need that time to process all the emotions. I cried a lot and prayed even more. One of my prayers lately has been that we would finish strong (in our jobs, at ministry, etc.). I can only hope that when it comes to the office that I finished strong. I get emotional writing this. This was my first day at home and it was a struggle to not get in the truck and go by the office to see how things were going. Pray that I will make this adjustment with grace and pray for all of us with all the changes ahead!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joel: I will miss you so much, but I know you are doing what G-d has called you to do. It has been a pleasure working with you for over 9 years and I know you and your family will do just great in Africa. I have shed my share of tears, in fact I am crying as I write this. Thank you for all you have done for me. G-d bless. Susan
Post a Comment