Our lives are so busy right now (as I'm sure your's is too) that I haven't been taking pictures. I hate posting a blog without them so I haven't (obviously). However, my sister, Robin, said that it's okay to post a blog without pictures. So here it is...
We've gotten our action packers (big black plastic trunk-looking things) in. They're kind of intimidating. I look at them from the outside and think "That's huge - how will I keep it under 60 pounds?!" Then I open it and say, "Oh no! It's not very big, how will I fit our home into that?!" School books and supplies will fill at least 1 and 1/2 of them. We get to take 4 as well as 4 duffles. It's been good to evaluate our lives and try to figure out what we really need. I'll let you know what I decide when it gets closer to time.
Please pray for our van. Joel's taking it for a 3rd opinion in as many days. One guy says it's the air compressor the other says it's something with the engine. We just want it to live 2 more months (that's so scary to say).
As my mother-in-law and youngest sister know too well, time is ticking by so quickly. I have 2 more days left at work. Over the past month I've been petioning people at work for food and so far have been quite blessed in this area. Dr. Herrmann brought banana cake, Joe brought chocolate cookies and my last night shift was full of food. It has been great! But now that I'm very close to the end, I don't want people to mention my leaving anymore. I don't want a party on my last day. We're having one on the 23rd of May, and that will be enough. I don't like goodbyes and I'd rather leave my last day of work with saying, "See you at the party!". If they don't come to the party, then I don't have to say goodbye. It seems much easier this way. I'll worry about how to leave the party without saying goodbye when it gets here. Maybe I'll just send Joel and the kids to the car then pretend that I have to go get something - then we can make a run for it. We'll see.
Joel has the month of May to wrap up 14 years of working with his dad. How does one go about that? There aren't enough sticky notes to leave as reminders for all the little (and big) things he does. Pray that God would give him good ideas on how to do this.
Well, I'm off to go pick up the kids. Dara was supposed to have a field trip today, but it was cancelled because of concerns related to the swine flu - I'm sure she's a bit bummed. Hope you stay healthy...remember to wash your hands!
1 comment:
Thanks for the wonderful words. I love you guys.
Post a Comment