Sunday, August 10, 2008

Experiment cont.

Joel caused a bit of a panic this morning before church when he got into the driver's seat of the van. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but the experiment is important to me. To my surprise and delight he did his best to keep the rpms less than 2ooo. I couldn't believe it.

After church, the kids went with his parents so I used that opportunity to ask him to go with me to Garden Ridge. (For any of you who don't know, this is a store that has rows of miscellaneous things for cheaper prices. My mom can spend hours in there and my dad will usually stay in the car and nap.) Well, Joel went with me - being careful to watch his acceleration. Honestly, he didn't complain much at all. I was so proud. Then, as we're walking into the store, he says ,"You know it's bad when you feel like you're walking faster than you've been driving." I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. (I'm still smiling about it.) The experiment lives on!

No comments: