Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Crazy Boys

Today, Sunday, Dade was needing some fresh air to get the wiggles out. His energy is more abundant than I can handle sometimes, especially when Dara's on the couch running a fever from some virus picked up from somewhere. So he's outside trying to find what will blow in the wind. He discovered that a napkin works best. Who says that expensive toys are better?!

Well, after the joy of the napkin was over (which lasted longer than you or I would have expected), Dade asked me if I would help him climb a tree. Being the wise mother I am, I insisted I would help him only if he would go inside and put shoes on. Many of you may know that Dade runs around barefoot more often than not. I figure it's a blessing considering our future and all. So he proceeded to debate the need for shoes when climbing trees. I didn't back down, and still feel that it's the best way to go. Then much to my surprise, Dade climbs the tree! The boy is truly amazing!

I helped him down from the tree once, but quickly told him that if he was going to continue to climb the tree - he would need to find out how to get down on his own. I've learned that he is going to do these types of things and it's better for both of us if he can learn to do it safely because he'll do it whether or not an adult is present. So as you can see he learned to jump down from the tree. I am so proud!

And just in case you wonder where my 4 1/2 year old son gets his energy...check out his 35 year old father. This is Joel doing a flip on the trampoline. Is it any wonder that I found my second gray hair the other day?!

No comments: